is a biennial conference series organized by
Society for Natural Language Processing, Pakistan (SNLP), aiming to bring together
students, researchers and practitioners to exchange research and
development in the fields of linguistics and processing of speech,
script and language. CLT10, the third conference in the series,
is being hosted by the National Language Authority, Islamabad.
The program of CLT10 will consist of invited talks, workshops, tutorials,
paper presentations and panel discussions.
The Muqtadira Qaumi Zaban (National Language Authority) is an autonomous regulatory institution established in 1979 to support the advancement and promotion of Urdu which is the national language of Pakistan. Urdu Ittlaiyat (Urdu Informative Bureau) was established in 1999 to conduct research on Language Processing, adoption of Technology, formulating the standard of National Language and advance the knowledge in this specialized field.
The series of Conference on Language and Technology is an effort to educate the masses and the decision making authorities to realize the importance of the Language and Technology in this modern age of computers.
To create awareness and educate the people about the Pakistani Languages and the use of modern technology.
The provide a central platform to the researchers in this field of study.
Transfer the individual efforts into institutionalization.
- Mr. Iftikhar Arif, Chairman, National Language Authority (Conference Chair)
- Mr. Ikram Bilal, Secretary, National Language Authority
- Dr. Attash Durrani, National Language Authority (Head of Program Committee)
Sarmad Hussain, Society for Natural Language Processing (Head of Technical Committee)
- Prof. Muhammad Daud Khatak, Allama Iqbal Open University (Head of Publications Committee)
- Dr. Muhammad Abid Khan, Peshawar University, Peshawar
- Dr. Inam ul Haq Javed, Pakistan Language Department, AIOU
- Ministry of Information Technology, Islamabad
- Mr. Shakeel Ahmed, PSEB, Islamabad
- Rep. of SNLP (Society for Natural Language Processing, Pakistan)
- Mr. Mansoor Khan Balock (Treasurer, National Language Authority)
CALL FOR PAPERS
CLT is a series of conference, aiming to bring together students, researchers and practitioners to exchange research and development in the fields of linguistics and processing of speech, script and language. First conference of this series hosted by Peshawar University, second was hosted by NU, FAST Lahore. CLT10, the third conference in the series is being hosted by the National Language Authority, Islamabad.
Following are the main topics of this conference.
- Grammar Modeling
- POS Tagging
- Lingual Validation
Assisted Language Learning
- Dictionary Automation (Dicautom)
- Morphological Analysis
- Corpus Linguistics
- Text Summarization
- Knowledge Engineering
- Speech Recognition
- Writing System/Orthography
- Style Guides
submission by: 2 August 2010
proposal submission by: 15 August 2010
of acceptance: 3 September 2010
ready version of accepted papers: 15 September 2010
22-24 October, 2010 Conference Postponed by NLA
Urdu Auditorium, National Language Authority, Pitras Bokhari Road, H-8/4, Islamabad.
Dr. Sarmad Hussain
Society for Natural Language Processing (SNLP), Lahore
Dr. Attash Durrani National Language Authority, Islamabad
Phone (Office): +92-51-9250317
Fax (Office): +92-51-9250310
Call for Papers